The treatment of cancer depends on the stage of the disease. According to the experts, detecting the stage of pancreatic cancer is easy. What is difficult is to provide a long-time cure for pancreatic cancer without a surgery. There are centers for best pancreatic surgery in India where the cost is lesser but the treatment is provided by the top-class oncologists and the professional and skilled caregivers. Usually, doctors choose treatment option only after determining the stages and the treatment is based on the imaging studies, surgical process and individual’s physical state.
Stages of Pancreatic Cancer
While a person is suffering from pancreatic cancer, it is treated on the basis of the stage of the disease. Stage in cancer means how much the disease has spread throughout your body. The stages of pancreatic cancer are-
- Stage 0: You don’t need to get afraid as there is no spread of cancer at this stage. Here, the cancer is limited to the top layer of the cells in the duct of your pancreas. At this stage, the cancer is not visible through an imaging test.
- Stage 1: It starts spreading slowly. Though cancer is limited only to the pancreas, it may grow less than 2cm but not more than 4cm.
- Stage 2: This stage is for the local In this stage, pancreatic cancer will grow 4 cm. Also, at this stage, cancer slowly grows outside the pancreas and on to the nearby lymph nodes. Here, cancer doesn’t grow to distant sites.
- Stage 3: Now, cancer starts spreading to other parts. Here, cancer begins to spread into nearby the nerves and the blood vessels. Still, cancer hasn’t metastasized to any distant organs.
- Stage 4: This is the final stage. Here, it is spread to other parts of your body and fatal stage.
These are the stages of pancreatic and any other type of cancer. You should be very careful about the symptoms of cancer.
Symptoms of Pancreatic Cancer
Pancreatic cancer is kind of painless and grows slowly. The symptoms are quite vivid when cancer grows-
This is the clearest sign and symptom of pancreatic cancer. Pancreatic cancer blocks the duct which is the reason for releasing the bile in the intestine. The skin and eyes become yellow of the patient and there are blockages that cause itching, light-colored skin, and dark urine.
You may find it normal bloating, but if it happens regularly, it may not be that much easy. If pancreatic cancer grows, people may feel full after a little meal or often feel bloated at the abdomen area.
- Pain in Abdomen
There may be an abdominal pain in the upper portion of your abdomen which may radiate towards the back. It may come suddenly and go rapidly.
These are certain symptoms of pancreatic cancer which are followed by vomiting and nausea. If you ever notice any of these issues, you should consult a doctor immediately. If it is pancreatic cancer, surgery is one of the best ways to get rid of it, but that depends on the stage of the disease.